If you discover that you have purchased the Projector Subscription with an Apple ID that you did not really intend to own the subscription - let's say it's your "personal Apple ID", for illustration purposes in this article - you can change the subscription to a different Apple ID - we'll call it the "church's Apple ID" - by following these steps:
Setup the church's Apple ID
- Have the church create its own Apple ID if one is not already created
- Add the church payment method (credit/debit card) to the Apple ID
- That Apple ID is now ready to purchase the Projector Subscription - it will become the new "owning Apple ID" once this process is done.
On an iOS device signed in with your personal Apple ID
- Open Projector on a device signed in with your Apple ID (the Apple ID that you originally used to purchase the Projector Subscription - which is the current "owning Apple ID"). Note: you must login to Projector with the PCO User that originally purchased the Projector Subscription (the "authorized PCO User").
- Go to Settings -> Projector Sharing and click Manage Subscriptions
- Follow the prompting to open up iTunes Store to manage your Apple ID's subscriptions
- Find the WorshipStorm Projector subscription and click Cancel Subscription
- Switch back to Projector (and open Settings -> Projector Sharing again if needed) and click Disable Projector Sharing
- Click "Yes, Disable" to the popup. You will be logged out of Projector and your PCO organization will no longer have Projector Sharing enabled.
On an iOS device signed in with the church's Apple ID
- Run Projector and follow the workflow in Subscribing to Projector to purchase the Projector Subscription with the church's Apple ID. Again, you should login to Projector with the "authorized PCO User" for your organization.
- Projector Sharing will also be enabled after the workflow completes.
- You can then invite other Apple IDs (like your personal Apple ID, and other Apple IDs used by folks in your PCO organization) by following the Projector Sharing article.